‘Personal information’ means any details about you, from which your identity is apparent or can be uncovered. The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, address, bank account details, occupation, government issued identification numbers and any other information we made need to identify you. 'Credit information' includes information such as the type and amount of credit provided to you, your repayment history information, default information, overdue payments and any court information. 'Credit information' also includes credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting agency, and any information that we derive from it.
We will collect, use, store and disclose personal information and credit information about you for the purposes of: providing you with credit and managing that credit, including to collect any debt owed to us; assessing your eligibility to be a borrower or guarantor (as applicable), including verifying your identity and current and ongoing creditworthiness, and checking your name against watch lists; and direct marketing of products and other related purposes. You have the right to request not to receive direct marketing material by advising us at any time. Your information will be held by us and some of our third-party service providers so that we can provide the services to you.
If you do not provide us with the personal information and credit information we request, we may be unable to provide you with a loan, or may be unable to assess your eligibility to act as guarantor for someone who has applied for a loan.
By consenting to this Privacy Collection Statement, you agree to us:
- where you are a borrower—obtaining a report about your commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness for the purpose of assessing your application from any business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons;
- where you are a borrower—giving to and obtaining from any credit provider named in your credit application or in a credit report on you issued by a credit reporting agency, information about your credit arrangements for the purposes of:
- assessing your application for credit;
- notifying a default by you;
- allowing another credit provider to ascertain the status of your finance arrangements with us where you are in default with one or more other credit providers; and
- generally assessing your credit worthiness;
- where you are a borrower—disclosing information to a person you have nominated to act as guarantor or co-singer including details of any credit provided by us to you (if applicable) and any other personal information to the extent necessary to enter into a credit, guarantee agreement.
- where you are a guarantor —obtaining a report about your creditworthiness from a credit reporting agency for the purpose of assessing whether to accept you as a guarantor and sharing the results of our review of your report (namely, whether credit is granted or denied) with the borrower.
You acknowledge and agree that the information referred to above can include any information about your personal and/or commercial credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity which provincial consumer reporting legislation allows credit reporting agencies to give to or receive from each other;
By consenting to this Privacy Collection Statement, you also agree that we, and any of our affiliates or service providers acting on our behalf, can do any of the following at any time:
- Business Transactions: We may use and disclose personal information and credit information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including your loan agreement.
- Exchanging information with credit reporting agencies: We may exchange your personal information and credit-related information with the credit reporting agencies. This includes obtaining a credit report for the purpose of assessing your application or your eligibility to act as a borrower, co-borrower, or guarantor (as applicable) and managing the credit provided. Information we provide may include advice that payments are no longer overdue; whether you have committed a serious credit infringement; be used in a credit report about you which the credit reporting agency provides to other organizations (such as other lenders) to help them assess your creditworthiness.
- Customer identification: We may disclose personal information about you to an organization, including credit reporting agencies, for the purpose of verifying your identity against the information held on your credit file (including online verification). If we use these methods and are unable to verify your identity in this way we will let you know. We may also use information about your Canadian Passport, provincial or territorial driver's license, health card (where permitted by law), citizenship certificate, birth certificate, and any other identification documents to match those details with the relevant registries using third-party systems and record the results of that matching. Should you not agree to have your identity verified by these means, please contact us so that we can discuss other options with you.
- Service Providers: We may transfer your personal information and credit-related information to service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) that provide certain services on our behalf. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States and the United Kingdom. While outside of Canada, the information will be subject to applicable local laws, which may permit government or national security authorities to access information in certain circumstances.
- Storage and security: Personal information and credit information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible by authorized employees and representatives. Some of these servers are cloud-based so it is not always practicable to find out where your information may be accessed or held, as electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection.